Start Greencard marriage dating

Greencard marriage dating

If you’ve been keeping up with our little site you may have noticed an article that came out recently by Redpole Q titled, 7 Reasons I Love Japanese Girls and You Should Too.

I started hyphenating precisely because I got sick of having to explain that yes, I am indeed a foreigner, an American, yes, a white American, not a Chinese American (because sadly, in China, if you’re a teacher, it makes a difference). If I was back home I don’t think I’d hyphenate because honestly I don’t care if people assume I’m Chinese, but I think here in China it confuses people a bit, especially since Chinese people don’t change their names when they get married. If you’re established in your field under a certain name, changing your name can hurt you professionally. For many women, the best of both worlds — they can keep their maiden name and have their husband’s name at the same time.

This post is my little attempt at clearing up some of the misconceptions regarding the Arab/American marriages.

Perhaps I should clarify a bit; my husband is not only an Arab, but he’s a bedoin (desert) Arab.

He’s actually more Westernized than many ‘city’ Arabs I know.

His English is perfect, he’s been to America and fully understands our mentality, culture, and politics.

Tianjin Shannon, not long ago, wondered just that as she pondered what to do after marrying her Chinese husband — and some of the comments she received illustrate possible options for a woman. Delta stopped the trio on their way to Cancun because they didn’t have a notarized letter of consent for the trip from the father. Changing a surname means slogging through paperwork, and replacing all of your IDs, credit cards and bank cards. Whether we like it or not, people make assumptions about appearance based on our last names.

“I scrambled to call him and get him to fax a letter to the airline that had a copy of his driver’s license on it,” Ms. “We nearly missed the flight.” That experience prompted her to carry documentation every time she travels, including the death certificate for her husband, who has since died. If you have a different last name from the child’s, bring a copy of the birth certificate for proof of guardianship. We imagine “Smith” to be one way, and “Wang” to be another.

People may get confused, and it could be harder for you to link yourself to the accomplishments under your previous name. As one commenter on Shannon’s blog says: Is there middle ground between changing and not? Still, hyphenating could still mean 1) legal paperwork when traveling (b/c your name is not exactly the same as your husband’s) and 2) professional issues, again, if people are not used to knowing your work under a hyphenated name. This was proposed by another commenter on Shannon’s blog: For Chinese women, you’d do the opposite — keep your Chinese name (in Chinese characters), change your English name. From what I read online, changing your name in China can be a frustrating process.